Learn how to create, schedule, and send push notifications.
Push notifications are a great marketing tool for anyone with a mobile app because they help you stay in contact with your users. Notify your users with editorial updates, content releases, events and more. Learn how to create, schedule, and send push notifications below!
Note: Your app must be live for a notification to be sent and will not work on app tests or previews.
Create a push notification
- Navigate to App Creator, Notifications, then press +Notification.
2. Enter a tracking name for your notification (for internal tracking purposes) and the message you want to be displayed in the notification to your users.
Message character limit (iOS only): 106 characters of your message will be visible if the notification is viewed on the lock screen, and 220 characters are visible if viewed in the Notification Center.
3. In the Link Type setting, you can choose to link the notification to somewhere within your app (deep-link) or to a Web URL. If selecting a deep-link, you can link to a specific Section or piece of content in your app. A Web URL can be any web link.
4. Select whether you want to schedule the notification to go out immediately, or at a selected date and time in the future.
5. Target your audience
If desired, you can segment push notifications by sending notifications to different user types based on their subscription or registration status.
6. Target your Channel Output and Save.
Now, you can choose the channel to which the notification will be sent.
Below are some examples of push notifications on iOS devices.
Note: MAZ will first process push notifications within our queues at their scheduled time. Once that is complete, we'll send it over to Apple/Google's notification service. Slight time variances will rely on the current load the respective notification service is experiencing to relay these notifications to your end user's devices. For more information on this process, you can check out Apple and Google's docs.